The CT, cone tapered, coupling is similar to the stepped coupling just above, and is designed for mounting to the sidewall of a fiberglass tank. In this case the coupling is designed to minimize the lay-up required to tapper from the coupling to the sidewall of the tank.
FRP Threaded Couplings
- CT-Couplings are a special tapered coupling designed to aid installation by improving alignment and including the initial buildup needed on straight sided reverse tapered couplings. This will normally permit going directly to the lay-up sequence.
- Hand laid-up Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic Couplings for threaded tank and pipe connections
- Produced to exacting requirements resulting in a superior void-free laminate and resin-rich liner Reinforcement is continuous throughout
- Construction: Hand Lay-up with Molded NPT Threads
- Resin: Hetron 922
- 100-Mil Nexus/C-veil liner
- OD: machined surface for tolerance (± 1/1 6-inch) for ease of installation
- Threads are glass wound over liners to ensure durability